What Can I Do If I Disagree with the Decision?

Ver esta página en Español

One option available to a party disagreeing with the Judge’s decision is to file a Motion to Reconsider and Notice of Motion with 30 days of the judgment date. Another option available is to appeal a Judge’s decision to the Second District Appellate Court in Elgin, Illinois. There are no ready to use forms for a Motion to Reconsider or for an appeal to the Second District Court. You may visit the Law Library and Center for Self-Representation in the courthouse to look at form templates in legal form books. You also may want to seek the advice of an attorney to learn which option might be best for you.