After the Foreclosure Sale

If you are not able to exercise any of your options, and your home is sold in a foreclosure sale, you should be sure to find out if there was a surplus. If your home is sold for more than the judgment amount, you are entitled to the surplus (the extra money). You may call the plaintiff's attorney to find out if there was any surplus amount.

Notice of Entitlement
If so, you should go down to the courthouse and file a notice stating that you are entitled to the extra money from the sale. You can do this at the:
Lake County Courthouse
18 N County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085

Guard yourself from offers to "help" you get your surplus for a fee. You are entitled to the money and the procedure is simple.