(View this page in Spanish
The court recognizes that some people are not able to pay the court fees related to filing a claim.
To qualify for a waiver of these court fees, one of the following conditions should exist:
- You are receiving Public Aid or other public benefit.
- Your net income is 125% or less of the federal poverty level.
- Your income is over 125% of the federal poverty level, but your family and you will suffer serious hardship if you must pay the costs.
Other Requested Information
You may also be requested to provide the court the following information:
- The amount and sources of your income (for example $339.00 per month in AFDC, supplemented by Food Stamps, Public Aid, Veteran Assistance, General Assistance from township).
- Your income you had in the last year.
- Any changes you expect your income to go up or down, in either case you should list what you except your income to be in the future.
- List of names and birthdays of your children and/or others you support financially.
- Total value of your possessions.
- Year and make of your cars.
- Estimated value of your car.
The decision of whether to waive a filing fee lies with the judge. If you wish to ask the court to waive the filing fee, please fill out an Application for Waiver of Court Fees