The following are some examples of Small Claims cases, when $10,000 or less is claimed.
1. Someone damages something you own and refuses to pay for your loss.
2. Your landlord refuses to return your security deposit.
3. Your tenant vacated in violation of a lease or leaves damages which cost money to repair.
4. Someone owes you money for work you have done but refuses to pay you.
5. Your newly repaired roof leaks and the responsible contractor refuses to repair it.
Important: Small Claims court can order a judgment only for money. It cannot require a person or business to
perform a service, or to stop a certain action, or to return property.